Tricia Ginis, our Executive Director, and I just returned from Baltimore where we attended the URJ North American Board (NAB) meeting. The Board is the governing body of the URJ. As the President (and Executive Director) of ECE-RJ, we are non-voting members of the Board. During the meeting, we heard from several different leaders in the movement.
- Julie Levi Lerner, URJ’s Executive Vice President, shared the 2019-20 URJ Growth Objectives. These objectives focus on three areas: Outreach, Mobilization and Capacity Building- to create “an active network to build a whole, just, compassionate world.”
- The NAB voted and approved an Anti-Semitism Resolution.
- Isabel (Liz) Dunst and Rabbi Jonah Dov Pesner from the Religious Action Center (RAC) talked about the RAC’s New Reform Movement Social Justice Strategy.
- Alec Harris, AnnDee Levy, and Liz Grumbacher spoke about the 2019 Biennial and the new learning experiences and changes that will be occurring.
- The board approved a new congregation, Temple Beth Shalom from Melrose, Massachusetts, into the URJ.
The last week in June the ECE-RJ Board will be in New York for our Summer Board Meeting. We have a packed agenda, including the installation of two new board members -- Susie Weiner (MI) as VP of Administration and Pam Ranta (CA) as VP of Accounts.
On behalf of ECE-RJ, I would like to thank Paula Katz (TX) and Marci Sperling-Flynn (IL) for their dedication to ECE-RJ and for all of their hard work on the board.