Leil Selichot / סליחות
Selichot or slichot (Hebrew: סליחות) are Jewish penitential poems and prayers, especially those said in the period leading up to the High Holidays, and on Fast Days. In the Ashkenazic tradition, it begins on the Saturday night before Rosh Hashanah. If, however, the first day of Rosh Hashanah falls on Monday or Tuesday, Selichot are said beginning the Saturday night prior to ensure that Selichot are recited at least four times.
Leil Selichot begins after nightfall on Sat, 12 September 2020.
List of Dates
Leil Selichot begins on:
- Sat, 12 September 2020 after nightfall (23rd of Elul, 5780)
- Sat, 28 August 2021 after nightfall (20th of Elul, 5781)
- Sat, 17 September 2022 after nightfall (21st of Elul, 5782)
- Sat, 09 September 2023 after nightfall (23rd of Elul, 5783)
- Sat, 28 September 2024 after nightfall (25th of Elul, 5784)
- Sat, 13 September 2025 after nightfall (20th of Elul, 5785)
- Sat, 05 September 2026 after nightfall (23rd of Elul, 5786)