ECE-RJ Ethical Guidelines
Giving of One’s Heart
Living Our Torah
These core values reflect how we (members of ECE-RJ) operate as individuals as well as a community. Each value represents the work we do and the people we want to be.
Arevut Hadadit (mutual responsibility) – Build Community
- Is an inclusive organization that supports our members
- Establishes and maintains relationships of respect
- Values trust and cooperation
- Honors confidentiality
- Shares resources
Chesed (kindness) and Kavanah (mindfulness) – Give of One’s Heart and Soul
- Engaged in the practice of kindness and mindfulness
- Creates and maintains relationships
Tohar HaMidot (ethical person) – Live Our Torah
- Behave ethically by showing respect, being trustworthy, and acting with integrity.
- Financially responsible.
- Abides by all laws and regulations designed to protect children and all people.
- Respects the power granted as educators.
Dugmah Ishit (personal example) – Model
- Communicates openly and truthfully
- Inspires others
- Maintains a work-life balance